Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Sky in Your World This Instant!

The Sky in Your World

Has anyone ever described you as someone who "marches to the beat of a different drum?"

It's a polite way of saying, "You're different / special / unique / not like the rest," or even, "You're just weird."

My friends in high school had their own special way of implying this of me by simply asking: "What color is the sky in your world, Jodi?"

And I wonder: how many different colored skies are we all walking around under, thinking we all see everything the same way? My sky may be powder blue (normal) to me, but yours maybe be screaming fuchsia with hints of fishtail silver embedded around every canary yellow cloud (weird...to me). Same sky? Same understanding of the world? Hardly!

My genes and personality, background and experiences, character and soul—they all color my sky. They define my normal. Yours define your normal. These come together to shed a different light on our daily experiences: how we think, how we feel, how we react, how we live. So what happens when you and I meet? Typically, I see how crazily colored your world is and I'm either completely attracted to it, gently intrigued by it, or totally turned off by it.

What if it's okay that everyone's skies and clouds are different colors, but not okay that some deny the sun? What if the only truly off-colored skies are those without the Son? What if the Son is the one true thing, the one reality that never changes with the shifting of our colors? What if the sun can never be anything but bright? Hot. Blazing. Spherical. Powerful. The same yesterday, today, and forever. What if the Son is constant, our skies incredibly different, and the beauty of each unique color that's created when He blazes through your world and mine...in existance to rightly reflect His glory in a million different striking ways?

“When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, ‘I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.’” John 8:12

“This is the message we heard from Jesus and now declare to you: God is light, and there is no darkness in him at all.” 1 John 1:5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home